The Main Things You Will Need Are:
- Pots - Our coco pot is the best when starting to plant because it has excellent water holding capacity, allows the roots to grow freely and repotting or transplanting is very easy.
- Good potting soil enough to fill your pot
- Fertilizer - we recommend organic herb or vegetable fertilizer
- Water can or hose
You need approximately 1 to 4 feet in diameter for each plant, depending on the plant. Here are some general guidelines for plant sizes:
- 3-4 feet - Rosemary, Sage, Mints, Oregano, Marjoram
- 2 feet - Basils, Thyme, Tarragon, Savory
- 1 foot - Cilantro, Chives, Dill, Parsley
Herbs' needs are minimal. Water your herbs in the early morning if possible let the water soak further into the soil. Always water the soil around the herb and never water over the leaves. To plant healthy, strong herb plants , water them when they become dry.
Regular pruning promotes general health while preventing plants from getting leggy and unattractive. Pruning can be a time-consuming process, but it is beneficial for plant growth and air circulation.